Two minutes is all it takes... Chapter ten

Yin and yang

After a long night's drive and also barely escaping death from three different fan chases in three different restaurants, Leo and Chidalu decided to head home for the night.

"I'm so sorry tonight turned out this way" Leo placed his hand on hers turning her attention from the window.

"It's not like it's your fault or anything" she said.

"I should have known something like this would happen" he said turning his hand into a fist.

Chidalu saw through his anger even though it wasn't obvious to be seen, she held his now fisted hand and said, "you aren't God, so how would you have known".

"I guess you're right" Leo said, stared at his wristwatch which had enough diamonds to make the moon jealous and then at Chidalu, "I would love to make it up to you".

"And how would you do that?" she asked holding up a smile.

He placed his hand into his back pocket and pulled out a small jewelry box, opened it and asked "Will this be okay for a start?".

Chidalu's eyes widened as the contents of the box came into view, "are these real diamonds?". 

"Yes and there's more" he reached into a cabinet right in front of them and pulled out another jewelry box, one larger than the previous one and opened it.

"Oh my God!" she yelled at the sight of the diamond necklace. Her eagerness to feel it in her hands could not be suppressed any longer as she took the necklace out of the box.

"Could you help me with this?" she asked turning her back towards him.

"Sure" Leo said as he took the necklace and closed its clasp.

"How does it look?" she asked turning back towards him.

"Beautiful, but not as beautiful as you" he answered.

"Really? Thank you so much" she said.

"There's something else" Leo said.

"More?" Chidalu asked.

"Well not in terms of gifts though, just something I wanted to say to you during dinner before I ruined it for both of us" he said.

"You are doing it again".

"Doing what?" he asked.

"Blaming yourself" she answered.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll stop now" he said.

"So what was it you wanted to say?" she asked giving him her full attention.

"I wanted to ask if..." Leo paused and began feeling uneasy.

"If?" she asked.

"If you would, maybe like to probably be my girl for life even though I'm a helpless drunk" he said.

"Let me think about it".

"Huh?".

"I'm just kidding, do you know how long I've been waiting for you to ask me that" she said.

"So it's a yes?".

"Of course it's a yes, but you would have to work on your drinking though. I wouldn't want to sit up all night wondering where you're at only to find out you were out drinking or you coming home drunk and then looking for a fight, cus if you do, I won't hold back, I will beat you to the ground" she said.

"You think you can?" Leo asked.

"Wanna try me?" she asked raising up her fist like a pro kick boxing champion.

"Maybe not today".

"We are here Sir" Femi said slowly halting the car.

"I guess this is my stop then, wanna come in for a drink?" she asked.

"No, someone asked me to work on my drinking issues just now, so I'm good" Leo declined.

"Thought you would fall for it" She laughed and leaned in for a kiss.

Leo closed the gap allowing their lips to meet, for a moment it felt like the world was meant for him, he felt lighter than an angel.

Chidalu released her lips from the kiss, pulled the car door opened and walked out of it with a grin on her face, she said "not bad".

"Not bad?" Leo asked.

"Yeah" she said walking towards her apartment.

"Are you sure? cus I wasn't going all out you know!" he yelled loud enough for her to hear but got no response, "we could try it again!".

"Goodnight Leo" she said waving him off before entering into the building.

"Not bad, huh!" he said to himself, closed the door and shook his head. The Yin and Yang ball suddenly began dropping temperature, growing cold by the minute. Leo reached in for it and yanked it out of his pocket, the ball began to grow dark with Yang being overshadowed by Yin slowly.

"What's wrong with this thing?" Leo asked tossing the ball aside.

"Is everything alright Sir?" Femi asked.

"Yes, just take me home" Leo answered.

"Alright Sir".

"On second thought, take me to the bar, the one I used to hang out with my friends in, I need to take out some trash first" Leo said staring at the ball which had begun to return back to its original form.

Comments

Popular Posts