Two minutes is all it takes.... Chapter eight

Tears

Sopuruchi, Chidalu and Leo had taken to the couches and armchair, each with a separate gigantic box of homemade popcorn and chin chin mixed together in it. All three were engrossed in the also gigantic television as they enjoyed the Japanese anime 'Log Horizon'. Japanese animes had always been a favorite of Leo and Sopuruchi from their very childhood days, when they had no worries about income or the matters of adult life.

"Gosh I love anime more than anything in the world" Sopuruchi said as the episode came to its end.

"I didn't think that cartoons could be so matured" Chidalu who was still new to the whole anime theme said.

"You don't know what you've been missing out on" Leo said grinning.

"Is there still another episode?" She asked.

"Yeah! It has about twenty eight more" Leo answered still grinning.

"Oh! I guess I'll go get more popcorn and chin chin for myself" Sopuruchi said standing up from the couch as she shook the already emptied popcorn box.

"I want some too please" Chidalu said raising her box up to Sopuruchi, who took it from her with a smile in her face.

"Yeah me t..." he froze up on seeing the glare from Sopuruchi's eyes, "On second thought never mind" he said frightened.

"Why don't you come help me in the kitchen brother" she said smiling maniacally.

"No thanks sis" Leo said rejecting the offer, afraid of what she had in mind.

"It wasn't a request brother" She said.

Leo swallowed heavily and said, "Okay".

"Let's go" she said leading the way to the kitchen with Leo helplessly behind her. She closed the kitchen door behind her after Leo had gotten in and dropped the boxes on the kitchen table violently.

"What's wrong with you brother?" she asked angrily.

"What did I do?" he asked confused.

"You are asking me what you did?".

"Yes!" he answered.

"You didn't do anything, that's what you did!" she yelled at him raising her voice higher.

"I'm confused, why are you so suddenly upset with me?" he asked.

"Why won't I be upset with you, look brother! Look!" she said pointing in every direction in the kitchen, in all corners and space within.

"What's wrong with my kitchen?" he asked.

Sopuruchi slapped her palm on her forehead, "Brother! Your home, your kitchen and even your room lacks only one thing".

Leo's curiosity grew on hearing that, he asked "What?".

"A woman's touch, brother! A woman's touch!".

"Now you've lost me again" he said.

"Don't you like my friend Chidalu?" she asked.

"Well she is okay, I guess" Leo said knowing what she wanted to hear.

"Then why haven't you started courting her?" she asked placing her hands on her hips, "I used to think it was because you didn't have the money, but now you do and yet you still haven't done anything, you haven't even made one move on her or are you waiting for that useless girl to come back to your life again and ruin you completely? Mama has grown old and has been on my neck for so many years now, me I want to marry o! Why won't you get married so I can get married too? Do you want me to commit a sacrilege and marry before you? Is that what you want?" she said tears dripping from her eyes.

"Ah ah! Sopuruchi! Why must you bring this up at a time like this?" he asked.

"Why won't I? Go and get married brother! You better go and get married" she said folding her arms around her chest.

"Okay, I have heard you, now can we get what we came here for and go continue with the anime?" Leo asked.

"Are you sure you've heard me?" she asked childishly.

"Yes ma, Oya let's go" he answered.

"Okay" she said wiping off the tear which had formed earlier from her eyes and then smiled widely.

Comments

Popular Posts